The world has seen far too many changes within the last few years alone.
Therefore, people and organizations that wish to survive this century must be equipped with a renewed mind and a set of unwavering principles to thrive through it all.
Some of the constant questions we get from people in positions of authority, whether in the government, businesses, communities and even academia are:
What is the skill set required for people in positions of authority to lead their organizations through these tough times?
How would people rate you on a scale of 1 to 10 in the following five aspects of transformational leadership – informative, inspiring, inclusive, innovative and influential?
What are some of the strategies people should leverage to rise above the longstanding socioeconomic impact of the pandemic?
What should organizations put in place to help their employees better cope with the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual challenges created by the pandemic and ongoing work evolution?
How can organizations and those in positions of authority help their team members to cope with the ongoing social justice challenges and adjust to the back-to-work changes?
How can organizations foster a cohesive, inclusive and equitable corporate culture while leveraging diversity to strengthen their brand and value proposition?
What types of challenges should those in positions of authority and organizations anticipate from their employees, staff and partners in the last leg of 2021?
Have you recently gone through a 360-degree feedback survey process to measure your effectiveness in strategic management and prepare a Leadership Development Plan (LDP)?
The short answer to these questions is leadership and they are topics we will be covering in this program.
Leadership is not just about guiding other people, but first over self and then the implementation of policies and processes to ensure the peak performance and maximum productivity of their people.
What many people don’t understand about leadership is that it is a continuum, meaning it never ends.
The tenure will eventually end, the job will be phased out and resources may even run out, but Nelson Mandela did not stop being a leader when he was imprisoned for 27 years. Did he?
Therefore, if there was ever a time for true leadership to emerge, it is now - during tough, trying and turbulent times.
This program is designed to help you develop and demonstrate the Leadership Psychology for Post-COVID 19, the mindset, skillset and toolset required to through emerging challenges.
Register NOW for a series of intensive but inspiring virtual workshops to reorient your leadership psychology for the new way of life and enable equitable culture & maximum productivity.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THE SEVEN WEEKLY WORKSHOPS
– Leadership Psychology for the 21st Century: The five types of intelligence to successfully navigate emerging challenges post-COVID-19 and leverage the ongoing work evolution to inspire innovation and build a corporate culture of inclusive diversity and workplace equity.
– The Fundamentals of Personal Leadership: The ability to lead yourself through life, in moments of pain or pleasure, yet with passion, focus and determination to fulfill your purpose and advance a vision, as well as the mindset, skill sets and toolset required for higher levels of impact and influence.
– The Fundamentals of Managerial Leadership: The ability to consistently execute strategic goals and objectives with excellence, while maximizing human, financial and social capital for the advancement of a corporate vision, as well as the use of data, tools and techniques to initiate, manage and measure well-informed corporate changes.
– Corporate Strategy and Strategic Planning & Management: How to develop effective strategies that are sustainable, vast enough to be diverse and inclusive, strong enough to strengthen brand equity and flexible enough to leverage emerging challenges for profitable growth and an equitable work environment.
– The Fundamentals of Supervisory Leadership: Strategic tip, tools and techniques to bring out the best of people in the worst of times, coach and mentor self and others deal with character & situational challenges & foster the tact & diplomacy required to connect with people who may be considered difficult.
– The Fundamentals of Executive Leadership: How to always foster a positive perspective on people and situations that may be challenging, orchestrate operational efficiency while leveraging strategic management to transform corporate culture and implement succession planning.
– The Framework for Transformational Leadership: Uncommon aspects and precepts of leadership to achieve and manage large-scale corporate, community, national and global changes.
Considered as one of the most dynamic and engaging speakers in the world today because of his stage power and uncommon ability to communicate complex topics with brevity and humour, Alex Ihama is a Global Strategist and Executive Coach to CEOs, senators, bishops, TV personalities, Olympians, etc.
He has certified about a hundred professional coaches and speakers all over the world on his unique approach to an innate transformation which has helped people and organizations to save and make millions of dollars through a paradigm shift, the revolutionary renewal of the minds and development of leadership capabilities.
With two decades of corporate experience working with Fortune 500 companies to execute many projects valued at over a billion US dollars, Alex is an astute businessman, a community advocate and the author of over 100 transformational courses and certification programs like The Psychology of Sales & Marketing & and bestselling books like Welcome to Greatness, The Mystique of Leadership & The Leadership Manifesto.
While he is still involved in the transformation of lives and organizations, he is now predominantly engaged by governments and global agencies worldwide for national transformation agendas and the transformation of business, community, religious and political leaders.
He is the President/CEO of four global organizations, including the International School of Greatness and The Corporate University, headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
For more information, visit www.TheCorporateUniversity.ca and www.SchoolofGreatness.ca or email [email protected]. You may also call +1-416-902-6672 or contact Alex Ihama directly through his email on [email protected] or find him on most of the social media outlets like LinkedIn, Facebook & YouTube.
StartTransformational Leadership Academy (Brochure)
StartThe Leadership Psychology for Exponential Growth (Keynote)
StartModule 4 - The Fundamentals of Managerial Leadership (Part 1) (86:57)
StartModule 5 - The Leadership Psychology for Team Effectiveness (Part 1) (31:55)
StartModule 5 - The Leadership Psychology for Team Effectiveness (Part 2) (22:33)